Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Life in 2015


This year is already coming to an end, and I'm almost sad it's ending. 2015 was such a wonderful year filled with many surprises, the biggest one being a baby. 

2015 had a rough start- I was still working at a job I truly despised, and I felt like there was no way out. Thankfully I took a risk and went back to freelance and part time work, and found the most amazing opportunity working as a newscaster. And, I found out I was pregnant, which was unexpected yet the best thing to ever happen to me. I loved, loved being pregnant and worked until I was about to give birth- my belly was so big that my coworkers joked I would give birth on air.

This last part of the year has been the most challenging yet wonderful. I'm adjusting to being a new mother, and while taking care of a newborn on very little sleep hasn't been easy, I love getting to know this little bebe and seeing him grow every day. I sleep in three-hour increments and sometimes I wear my pajamas all day, but I know this newborn phase is fleeting and I'm enjoying every part of it. I'm grateful I've had lots of support from my family, and I'm the best-fed mother out there. I've been eating the most delicious and healthiest home cooked meals, I wish I could manage to eat like this from now on. I'm still a bit weak from the recovery, but I'm also feeling the healthiest I've ever been, and within 3 weeks I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

I still have to take it easy and rest as much as I can, but I can't wait to go out daily with Anri and show him my world. I also look forward to exercising again, but that might take another few weeks.

So, that was 2015. I think 2016 will be equally great, it will be a year of huge changes with a growing baby and the start of a new life as a family of three.

Thank you for all your lovely comments on Anri's birth, and thank you for reading my musings- still, after all those years and life changes.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year 2016 xx 







6 comments:

JoellaJ said...

I love these photos- so sweet! What a wonderful year full of so many exciting and happy changes! I'm so happy for you and wish you and your family a very happy 2016!

Christine said...

Anri is so precious! Wishing you and your family all the best for 2016!!

オリたん said...

Happy new year to you and your beautiful family~

Suteisi ♥ said...

Bonne année!! I'm sure it will be filled with love and (good)surprises!

Alexandra said...

Congrats, he's absolutely gorgeous!! My sister, dad and I have all been reading your blog for years (my dad is Japanese) and just love it. So happy for you xx

marleyzelinkovasmith said...

Aaah belatedly catching up on these bébé posts! So glad you're still blogging. Anri is gorgeous and I was very interested to read the other post about your birth experience in a Japanese hospital. Here in Oz they're pretty keen to turn around maternity beds fast, from what I've heard from friends with newborns. But it depends on the hospital and also whether you are a public or private patient. Being fed nourishing meals and learning everything from the professionals (I am similarly clueless) sounds like such a good way to do things. Go Japan ! Congrats again Vivian ❤️ Marlz