Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Fleece, Leaves and Catching Up on Life

I finally got a taste of freedom those past few days, for the first time in several months. The project I've been consumed with at work is finally over, and while it was such a stressful and overwhelming task, I feel so pleased with the results- a bit like at the end of a tough workout. The past few weeks have been especially difficult, with an average of three hours of sleep per night and a tonsillitis comeback (those sometimes require two sets of antibiotics, apparently).

Over the weekend, I was finally able to savour this sense of freedom, and although I had planned to sleep and not move all weekend, I found myself having more energy than usual and a desire to have a social life again. I spent all weekend with friends I hadn't seen in several weeks, and indulged in bookstore browsing, sushi dinners, movies, pancakes and a visit to a local temple, with several hot baths and lots of sleep.

In the midst of last week's chaos, I tried a nice little treat for my hair and went to a blow dry bar. It seems like those are a staple in most North American cities, but Tokyo had yet to catch up- until a few weeks ago. The salon is called Jet Set Blow Dry Bar, and is located in Hiroo. It's owned by a lovely foreign woman, and the idea is pretty straightforward: they just wash and style your hair, no cuts or colour. The whole experience was so relaxing, from the wash to scalp massage and complimentary herbal tea. It's usually a glass of champagne, but I kept it tame since it was 10am on a weekday. I loved my hair, they did magic with a round brush and curling iron and my hair was in soft curls that lasted for two days. The best part was the name card with my name that they prepared- I love small touches like that.

In other news I stocked up on more fleece and heat tech at Uniqlo, and I'm more than ready for winter. I love the long-sleeved undershirts, leggings and fleece hoodies and socks. I wish I could live in those! I also bought one of those ultra light down vests, they're mildly unattractive and puffy but so warm and comfortable, especially under a coat. All fashion rules go out the window in winter in Japan, anything to feel warm.

My heavy-lifting flannel

More whipped cream than pancake

Shrines and bamboo oh my

October sakura! Yes, this kind blooms twice per year



  

3 comments:

Christine said...

Love that flannel shirt. My bf bought the puffy jacket from uniqlo and he loves it too!

Kozue said...

Hi! I have a lot of fleece of Uniqlo. These days I love fleece with patterns.

obat herbal lupus said...

cara mengatasi berbagai macam penyakit secara alami tanpa menyebabkan efek samping
Obat Herbal Kanker Otak Tanpa Operasi Obat Herbal Tetanus Obat Herbal Campak Obat Herbal Lupus Obat Herbal Paru-Paru Basah Obat Herbal Kaki Gajah Bengkak Obat Herbal Asam Lambung Kronis Paling Ampuh