Wednesday, October 1, 2014

It's October

I've been out and about a lot lately, whether it's running between meetings or catching up with friends on the weekend. The weather is still so warm, it's just as if summer is back and it's that awkward in-between phase when it's too hot to wear tights and boots but I still wear them because I just can't with summer fashion anymore (never liked it, never will). 

I like October, it's probably the best month in Japan, along with November. So much is happening in the next few months, and it's a great way to end this eventful and wonderful year. I've decided to volunteer more and join a nonprofit organization for women in Japan, which also holds monthly luncheons and talks. Sometimes I get overwhelmed when I think of my packed schedule, but I've decided to make space for what's important: friends and family, exercise, writing I enjoy, and things I actually want to do. I didn't really have this luxury to choose my first year or so in Tokyo, and finally life has somewhat settled and I'm able to try different activities and have quality time with friends.

Oh, Japan, it's been such an adventure- I can't believe I'll be celebrating my fifth anniversary here in mere weeks.

Happy birthday to my kitty, I miss her

Canada gets festive

Little Nap Coffee Stand in Yoyogi

October's Metro manner poster:
don't rock out.

4 comments:

Grant Heino said...

I'm so pleased to hear you say that November is one of the best months to visit Japan. I'm visiting for a week in late November and I'm so excited that it will be cooler weather, as things will be heating up here in Australia.

I'm a long time reader, but first time commentor on your blog. It has been so useful for planning both my trips to Japan, so thank you so much. :3

Emelie said...

I hope you get time to visist Shinjuku gyoen, if you haven't done that already this autumn :) autumn there is so beautiful!

Vivian said...

thanks for your comment! Hope you enjoy Tokyo and email me anytime for more info!!

Vivian said...

I should go!!!