Thursday, September 25, 2014

Mid-Week Holiday Week

September is great, mostly due to those random holidays, and the comfortable weather. It's still a tad too early for tights and sweaters, but that did not stop me from stocking up on warmer clothes. I literally bought every single item from the [Helmut Lang] Alexandre Plokhov x Uniqlo collection, I love those designer collaborations and they're so affordable. If you're in Japan or NYC, I highly recommend checking it out, although it's only available in select Uniqlo shops.

Besides wanting to just wear sweat pants and stay home, I ventured out to IKEA, which was the best way to spend a mid-week holiday. To be honest, I only go for the meatballs, but I picked up a few kitchen accessories and brightened up my tiny little apartment.

I haven't slept much at all this past week, lots of late nights and early mornings and lots lots going on. I just wish I could get myself in bed early, but when it's bedtime, I see it as free time (which I don't get much of during the week) so I just want to stay up, read magazines and watch TV re-runs. I found some reasonably priced international magazines at National Azabu supermarket in Hiroo, on the second floor. They have a pretty decent selection, along with books, and the magazines are much, much cheaper than at Tsutaya or Kinokuniya.



This is so much better than my French press!


Alexandre Plokhov x Uniqlo

Love that sweater dress, in black

IKEA feast

2 comments:

Christine said...

I mainly go to Ikea for the meatballs and ice cream. And some side shopping sometimes!

philly said...

There's a free(!) app at f.lux [https://justgetflux.com/] which turns your blue computer light down to a soft glow in sync with the sunrise & sunset in your time zone. I've used it for years now and it's great for better sleep if you must use the computer (I assume that's where you watch your movies) in the evenings.

That, covering any glowing lights (especially in a small spaces like Tokyo apartments/hotels) and using an eye mask for sleeping will also improve the quality of the sleep you do get.

But sleeping or not, it sounds as if you are having a splendid time. Carry on with passion and joy, Vivian! There's enough sleep in store at life's end.

Love the new drip coffee maker. Never did like French press coffee. I make mine directly into my mug as well--which always tastes better if I put the cream in first.