Thursday, August 7, 2014

Jet Lagged

And just like that, after spending nearly 20 hours crossing various time zones and having a mid-flight snack over Siberia, I'm back in my Tokyo home. It feel a bit unreal, and I'm slowly trying to re-adjust to my Tokyo pace.

After getting home in the evening yesterday, I fell into a deep slumber and woke up at 5am today, ready to go to work. I surprisingly survived a full day at work, and I felt quite relaxed- perhaps floating in some kind of jet lagged haze.

My last few days in Canada were so nice, yet I felt sad the whole time. It's so hard to leave, but I know this time I'll be back soon. I'm not sure how I feel about everything just yet, I need a bit of time and distance, but I somehow things are clearer- about how I feel about my life in Japan, my hometown, where I am in my life, and Canada in general. I'm too tired to get into all that, but I hope I can put it into words soon.

For now, all I want is to have a more balanced life. To read more, to cook more, to spend less time on my laptop. To hopefully work a bit less (wishful thinking), and to take advantage of living in Tokyo. To try to relax on the crowded train, like I felt today. Not sure if I'm just relaxed or overly jet lagged, but life would be a lot better if I was that chilled every single day.

In other news, the Tokyo heat is suffocating, feel like an oven every time I step outside, but my hair is back to being soft and shiny. In Canada, it was so dry and dull, so I'm thankful for the Japanese humidity.

so much luggage

not wanting to leave

goodbye, home

just like that, I was back in Japan

3 comments:

Komainulock said...

おかえりなさい!ヴィヴィアンo(^▽^)o

philly said...

Welcome home, Vivian. You have two homes now.

Christine said...

I'm so sorry I was unable to meet up while you were in Toronto :(