Thursday, April 17, 2014

Running + Easter

This morning I started the day with a loop around the Imperial Palace, which is exactly 5k. There are many metro stations all around the course, but I started and finished at Sakuradamon. It was such a crisp and gorgeous morning, the ideal weather, with a few cherry blossoms remaining in trees (but mostly on the ground). I wish I could start each day with that run, and maybe I should… doubtful it can happen.

I also have a bit of an Easter break, a holiday I had forgotten about since coming to Japan. It's definitely not celebrated here, and until last year or so, Easter-themed chocolates were impossible to find anywhere. Bunnies and pastel-hued chocolate eggs have somehow appeared here and there, and even though the vast majority of the population in Japan has no idea what Easter celebrates (just like in the case of Christmas), they like any excuse to celebrate a holiday- especially one with cute animals (eye roll).

I usually go for a Lindt bunny, and this year I was lucky to receive one. All I'm missing is a Cadbury Egg, an Easter brunch and being at home with my family. Somehow, Easter in Canada usually meant the (slow) start of spring. Maybe many Canadians don't know what Easter celebrates either, they just like the chocolate.

I am one of the lucky few to have an actual break for Easter in Japan, never heard of anything like it so I'll fully enjoy my special day. In other news, I've been hanging out at Roppongi Hills so many times lately in daytime (for work, for errands, for meetings) that I'm afraid people start mistaking me for a bored housewife.


From LA to Tokyo
Avocado Spinach smoothie

'Maman' spider by Louise Bourgeois 
Glorious Imperial Palace course

Tokyo Tower from 'pongi

Lapin de Pâques

3 comments:

Christine said...

Happy Easter! and enjoy your break :)

Jill said...

Have you seen any Cadbury Mini Eggs around? They are the best Easter treat; I am on the hunt to find them in Osaka..

Jill said...

Have you seen any Cadbury Mini Eggs around? They are the best Easter treat; I am on the hunt to find them in Osaka..