Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lately

Now that I'm done hibernating, I've been up to so much lately. This sweater weather is synonymous with more time spent with friends, exercising, festivals, long walks at lunch time, iced coffee, new (and old) playlists, outdoor adventures, and re-watching old favourites. For some reason, I always watch Chungking Express in spring, and it makes me want to go back to Hong Kong for a trip.

Today I tried a yoga class, my first time in about five years, and first time in Japanese. I was a little lost in translation so I wouldn't recommend it unless you're quite familiar with yoga or really good at Japanese, and I'm sadly neither. Still it was a lot of fun, the teacher was amazing and it was a nice change of my usual gym/running workouts. I'm still not sure I love yoga- as in, I'm not convinced I could do it on a regular basis. I don't feel the same high I feel when I'm running- maybe it's something that takes time to achieve.

Here's a few photos from the past week- I went to Yokohama Chinatown, such a great place, and such a shame I don't make it there more often. Yokohama itself is quite nice, modern with open spaces and a gorgeous harbour. It's less than an hour from Tokyo, but I always forget about it. Yokohama!

This may be the best iced coffee I've ever had

Listening to this old (yet never gets old) playlist

Those songs {love}
Late Friday night selfie

Getting my makeup done by a pro while killing time during a shoot
{perks}

Yokohama Chinatown Glory



1 comment:

Mairefosho said...

Try hot yoga! I found it expensive in Hiroshima and there was only one studio, but I imagine in Tokyo there'd be a lot more choice! Not the same as running but it's up there...and you don't have to worry about stretching afterwards!