Sunday, January 12, 2014

Hazy January

After this first week back into the usual work routine, I'm still in a bit of a haze- maybe still sluggish from all the New Years' sleep, and slightly sleep-deprived from going to be at 3am all week. It's been really cold this week, and all I want to do is hide inside under the blankets. I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't been back at the gym yet, as I've been too cold/lazy/tired. I'm excited to go back this weekend, though.

I've changed my apartment layout a little, and it's a nice change. I'm lucky to have two stories in my place, but truth is, it's so tiny overall. I have been living here for one year now. It's one of my favourite Japan homes, and the all-white decor is soothing (although I tend to pile up clothes in every corner lately). Sometimes I forget how small apartments are in Japan, as I've gotten used to it. My wish list currently involves an oven, a separate bath and toilet, two gas burners, a small kitchen table and chairs, and a bed that's not next to the fridge. Welcome to Tokyo! I still think it's all worth it to experience life in one of the most exciting cities in the world. The question is, how long will I think this is amazing?

I've tried to keep this week fun-filled, complete with a home cooked dinner and wine with my neighbours (and fellow former Shikoku-ites) Jonathan and Jordan, a cafe and diary night with my boy (Moleskines + cooking up some plans), and bookstore nights in Daikanyama.

Winter is good- I'd take any day of this chilly weather over the August heat.

Starbucks aprons- don't ask!

Umeboshi onigiri, my lunch

Daikanyama T-Site

Mixture in Shimokitazawa








No comments: