Monday, September 9, 2013

Low-Key Me


September is here and I wore tights for the first time this season. Maybe a bit too soon, but I kickstarted my own autumn- I can't be bothered with summer anymore. I finally started sleeping with the windows open without turning on the air conditioner, and I sleep a lot better. That being said, daytime is still blazing hot and humid, but I'm in denial.

The cicadas are slowly disappearing (or rather, falling down) and all I can hear lately are suzumushi, which are bell crickets, as they sound exactly like tinkling bells. It's such a nice, soothing sound.

I've been laying low lately mostly because I'm trying to save money (or rather, not be tempted to spend), and also because I'm tired. I forgot what it was like to work full-time, and I'm trying to fit in regular gym sessions and cooking at home and making a bento. I still love going to the gym so much, but sometimes when I get home from work I feel so wiped out and I just want to lounge on the sofa until bed time. I usually push myself to go, and I always feel so much better afterwards. Here are some things that keep me motivated: the sauna, playlists (everything ranging from Sonic Youth to Rihanna, Dinosaur Jr, Neutral Milk Hotel, Snow, The Dream and Teriyaki Boyz- surprisingly some shame-inducing songs are the best to run to, I should post a playlist), feeling healthy and wanting to eat healthy things only.

This weekend I skimmed through Vogue's Fashion Night Out on my way home, and I also went to an English bookstore in Roppongi, and ate a├žai soy gelato. My boyfriend showed me the small area in Shinsen where they filmed The Ramen Girl. I don't care how bad the reviews were for that film, I love it so much, and to this day I feel like it's a charming and rather authentic rendition of life in Japan for a lost foreign girl. I also finally saw The Bling Ring, Sofia Coppola's latest film, and I really liked it. To be fair, I like anything Sofia Coppola related, but as usual I loved the cinematography and all the pretty things and details.

In other (important) news, Tokyo will be hosting the Olympics in 2020. The reactions are divided, and as exciting as it is, I hope they fix some major things before that happens. The nuclear situation in Fukushima, and the post-tsunami and earthquake reconstruction. Last April I saw some desolate sights and heard heartbreaking stories, and I feel strongly about this. I also wonder if I will still be in Tokyo in 2020- it freaks me out to think about how old I'll be.

Niku udon tastes better when cooked by someone else

Omiyage from Ibaraki, so tasty!

9 comments:

Rachel Anastasia said...

Definitely make a playlist!!

Christine said...

I feel so tired after work too especially this month but I make myself go for a run to relieve my stress. It's not easy but you're right, it makes you feel better after.

Christine said...

P.S. I would like your music playlist ;)

Khaleesi said...

You even liked Somewhere? I didn't care for it.

philly said...

Trust me on this. You will not be anywhere near OLD in 2020 (though it may take you to 2030 to realize it).

Mr john john said...

A GREAT SPELL CASTER(nanadu)THAT HELP BRING MY EX GIRL BACK TO ME. My name is DAVID BUCKER i want to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost. I broke up with my ex girlfriend with just little misunderstanding hoping we will get back shortly,but things was growing worse until i contacted Dr nanadu who help me with his powers to bring her back, i have never believed in a spell caster until i come across Dr nanadu Well it will be of great sin if i should go out from here without dropping the contact of this great spell caster,in case you need the help of this great spell caster you can contact him through his email:nanaduthegratespellcaster@yahoo.com once you contact him all your problems will be over,once again i say very big thanks to you sir for helping me to recover my ex girlfriend, and please sir keep your good work cause people may need your help.
:= love marriage
:= Business problem
:= Problem in husband wife
:= Foreign traveling
:= Problem in study
:= Problem as childless
:= Physical problem
:= Problem in family relations
:= problem in your love
:= Willful marriage
:= Promotions our wised love back
Get all solutions in your life within 36 hours and with 101% guaranteed.
CO

Maris jos said...

Dear friends, i am from united states i had a problem with my husband 2years ago, which lead to our break up. when he broke up with me, i was not my self again, i felt so empty inside me. until a friend of mine Walt Pen told me about a spell caster who helped her in the same problem too. i email dr. trust the spell caster and i told him my problem and i did what he asked of me, to cut the long story short. before i knew what was happening my husband gave me a call and told me that he was coming back to me in just 2days and was so happy to have him back to me. thanks to dr. trustfor saving my relationship and for also saving others own too. continue your good work the great spell caster email address: Ultimatespellcast@gmail.com or ultimatespellcast@yahoo.com

cecillelajoie said...

If you don’t believe in magic, I think you are mistaken. Don’t get me wrong. I’ve had my doubts, too. But then I found otubaspelltemple@yahoo.com I was having family problems with my husband, and a good friend of mine referred me to him. I owned a shopping plaza, and I was a little behind on bills. I had already sold half of my stocks and couldn’t afford to lose any more all in the name of seeking to get my husband back. if you know what I’m saying. I was in some real trouble with my husband.After Dr OTUBA cast a spell on me and i was able to get back my lost husband for year back, I was living easy. I no longer have to worry about my shopping plaza, and I also am increasing my stocks quantity quickly. I couldn't have done it without you doctor,you can contact via otubaspelltemple@yahoo.com

Gloribel Stancy said...

Am very happy to tell every one to hear my testimony will say. am Gloribel Stancy from united state,am a nurse,this story of my love life.I have been married for 4years and on the fifth year of my marriage, another woman had to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 2years until i met a post where this man Dr. Ehi have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my lover back home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48hours as he have told me, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make every one of you in similar to met with this man and have your lover back to your self.You can contact him with this email address {drudebhuluspelltemple@yahoo.com} or {drudebhuluspelltemple@gmail.com} or you can still call him on his mobile +2349038669448 Thank you Dr Ehi.
I am sure he will do same to help you