Sunday, August 4, 2013

In Kyoto

I'm in Kyoto! We keep extending the trip as we're having so much fun- I'm not ready to come back just yet. This is the first holiday I've had in such a long time, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. I'm seeing Kyoto from a completely different angle, exploring areas I had never seen before. I've been leisurely cycling around (Kyoto is best seen on a bicycle), hiking mountains, eating some of the best meals I've had in Japan, drinking quality sake, and just taking a much-needed break from hectic Tokyo life (although I am going back to very exciting new things!). I even took a small trip to Osaka, re-visiting my old stomping grounds, which was oddly comforting.

I can't wait to share about everything, I'm so in love with Kyoto!







3 comments:

eyin h said...

please post more about kyoto. i love that place too and hope to go there next there!!

Johanna said...

Oh I love Kyoto! I'm going to Osaka and Tokyo this fall and a visit to Kyoto is obligatory. I like the bicycle part, do you have any tips regarding bicycles for hire?

Christine said...

Japan is so beautiful and Kyoto is definitely a must place to visit when I go there. I can't wait to read your next post about it.