Wednesday, June 12, 2013

It's Rainy

After a string of consecutive sunny and warm days last week, I thought rainy season had been cancelled, but turns out it showed up in a big way. It's been raining for the past two days, and the humidity levels are so high. It's hot, sweaty, uncomfortable, and my hair is a mess. Even though I love how soothing the rain is and the fresh air after a rainfall, rainy season is by far the least glamourous time of the year. Some girls remain impeccable with smooth, sleek hair and a matte brow, but I'm not one of them.

The rain is making me feel extremely sluggish, so I'm not up to much, even though I ran a few times. I've been watching trash TV (Laguna Beach, don't ask), eating takeout bento components from the local shop (at least it's healthy: pumpkin, beans, spinach), and this morning I treated myself to a faux pancake from the convenience store. It's basically a soft pancake (mochi mochi) filled with artificial maple syrup (the package claims it's from Canada... yeah... right) and something that is supposed to be margarine. It's the weirdest snack, it's so sugary, but I sometimes need a little pick-me-up before starting a long day.



Wednesday Breakfast: Faux pancake + Milk Tea


LC + take out, just another Tuesday night




5 comments:

Nat AndMatt said...

Yeah, this is e worst time of the year. I hate all the mugginess

Rachel Anastasia said...

Ha ha I watched Laguna Beach for the first time when I was traveling!! "STEE-PHEEEEEEN"!!!

snowfish1121 said...

Even MY hair is frizzy, and I have the thinnest, stick-straightest hair EVAR. But for me, the worst part of rainy season is dreading what is to follow... ohhh, winter, why hast thou forsaken me???

Christine said...

I misss watching Laguna Beach! Team LC!!!

KaBi said...

Hi! Thank you for your reply on my blog!! I really like reading yours; I miss Tokyo a lot sometimes!! Though definitely not the humidity...