Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Coffee and Cicada

After a less-than-stellar week, I managed to lift up my spirits a bit, and somehow things are looking much better. Living abroad, sometimes it's hard to pinpoint what's bothering me, but I always snap out of it with the help of simple pleasures.

So far, I've had a late afternoon lunch of tartines at Le Pain Quotidien (my favourite cafĂ© in Tokyo, with a gorgeous view of Tokyo tower), I had sparkling wine, hummus, pita and delectable crab cakes in the garden of the stylish Cicada in Aoyama (my new favourite eatery!), I read a book in French, I went running twice already, I watched Chungking Express, I listened to the Shout Out Louds, Neutral Milk Hotel and Sonic Youth on repeat, I chatted with a dear friend back in Montreal, got an email and photos from my mom, had a much-needed girlie catch-up with my closest friend in Tokyo (who always makes everything better), exchanged emails with Isabel in London, rode my bicycle across town with a huge container of caramel popcorn and a Pon de Lion plate in the basket, stupidly left my bicycle unlocked with key in on the side of Koshu-Kaido (a busy road in Tokyo) for three hours and it wasn't stolen, planned some firefly festivals outings, and bought myself some fresh flowers.

I feel sane again.

That makes up for the taste.


3 comments:

Komainulock said...

In your spare time! ♪( ´▽`)
http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/1d9ml8/im_recovering_from_ankle_surgery_at_tokyo_medical/

Miyan said...

what did you get? :)

Vivian said...

Miyan- That must have been a latte!! ;) xx

Komainulock- thanks!!! that was so interesting!!! wow wow!! thanks for sharing :))