Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring Like

The change of seasons is a refreshing start in many ways, and a fresh start means a haircut. I chopped my locks once again, and this time in a sleek, shoulder-length bob. It's the shortest my hair has ever been (I say that every time, but it really is short this time)! And, as usual, Momo at Watanabe Hair in Harajuku is the only stylist who's allowed to touch my hair. He worked his magic on my mane, and like every single time I emerged of the salon about five kilos lighter (my hair is unbelievably thick) and sporting glossy, healthy hair. If you live in Tokyo or just visiting, please book an appointment with Momo, he's a genius!

After my haircut I was in the mood for some more pampering, something I rarely indulge in. I decided to treat my tired, stressed out skin to a facial- to be honest, the idea of someone looking at all my skin imperfections under a bright light horrifies me, but I know it does wonders for the skin, so I got over myself and visited my new favourite spa in Tokyo, Nua. Someone strongly recommended this beauty salon to me, and well, I'm hooked. It's owned by a lovely, gorgeous foreign girl, and all the staff speak English. They were extremely friendly and professional, and the facial was the most relaxing experience I've ever had. I nearly fell asleep during the treatment, and my skin looked glowing afterwards. It really made a difference, I didn't even want to put a flicker of powder on my skin as it was so hydrated and healthy. I loved it so much that I booked other treatments, and decided that regular spa visits are not a luxury but something that's necessary for my well-being. I'm such a stressed out, anxious person, and this is helping out a lot.




Short cut


Kitty tote


Takeout cupcake


Too pretty to eat?


I did it. I bought seven doughnuts just to get...


This pon de lion bento box.
Special thanks to my boyfriend for understanding my pon de lion cravings and actually helping me ask about it.

12 comments:

fran-japani said...

Wow!! Had to comment on your gorgeous new hair!!! Love the color! And wish we had such amazing hair stylists, este and cupcakes here in Osaka... Sigh.

Vivian said...

Thank you so much!!! Indeed, Osaka could do with a few more stylists and cupcakes... but I miss that place... the food especially!! xx

Johanna said...

Nice haircut! The Pon de Lion bento box, oh it's so cute!

philly said...

The hair looks fabulous! The rest looks mighty yummy, too. I'm not a sweets junkie, but I want to go straight down to Tracey Cakes in my home town. Or maybe bake some lava cakes.

The Pon de Lion is so-o-o cute. Don't even think about the fat cells you'll have on your thighs forever. I hope the BF ate his share.

Eddie M said...

Your new cut looks great and your iphone cover matches your top :P

I think bento boxes and Japanese structured pencil cases fall under the category of collectables :)

Vivian said...

Thanks! I think the name pon de lion itself was worth getting the bento for...!

Vivian said...

Ha!! I should have clarified- I ate only one! He ate two, then we gave the rest away to his family :)

Vivian said...

Thanks!! Indeed, I feel no shame into collecting such items!! I might be embarrassed to open my pon de lion bento in public, haha.

Christine loves to Travel said...

I love your haircut! I wish I can get over my fear of cutting my hair shorter for Spring!

Pampering is always a good thing ;)

Jen said...

Your hair looks wonderful! I really like it. And that facial sounds heavenly. I've never had one -- been kinda afraid of how my skin would react -- but you are making me consider it.

Melanie said...

Oh... now I want to get Pon de Lion bento box! Also, where did you get that kitty tote from?

Vivian said...

Jen: Thank you! You should try a facial, the technicians usually know if your skin requires some special care so it might be okay!


Melanie: You can still get the pon de lion bento! AS for the tote, it's from Forever 21- so cheap, like ¥300!!