Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sleepy Spring

I've been feeling so sleepy lately, and I'm not sure if I'm overworked, sleep-deprived or just plain lazy. I heard there's an actual expression in Japanese about spring-induced sleepiness, so maybe I'm becoming Japanese. Any time off I've had lately was spent under the covers, tea in hand, with a book. I re-read "The Catcher in the Rye" for the hundredth time, as I never get tired of it.

In between naps, I scoured the city for more hidden coffee gems, so I'll have to share my newfound secrets sooner or later. Today, I filled my body with enough caffeine to last me until next year. I also found myself near Meguro River, and sneaked a peek at the blooming cherry blossom buds, shyly appearing, some of them even in full bloom. Despite a cold winter, cherry blossoms showed up a full week earlier than planned, therefore re-structuring and kickstarting hanami (flower-viewing picnics) plans, despite the (still) chilly temperatures.

The upcoming days are filled with goodness: my dear friend Sophia visiting from Australia (hope we don't fall into a sushi coma like last year), some quality time with friends during hanami, warmer weather, lazy mornings, a Tokyo getaway, and some fun work projects. I still adore my (not-so-new) apartment- I've never loved a home that much in Japan.



Lazy, sleepy mornings, coffee and blankets


Mid-week dinner: Kraft Dinner (or Mac ' Cheese for Americans). Classy!


This Pocky panda cracks me up. He's the "Vacation Panda". Bit early, no?

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Meguro River, hello sakura!


The next two weeks will be filled with the pink flowers

4 comments:

Christine loves to Travel said...

Ohhh Sakura season! Wish it was spring here in Toronto.

Ruth Dear said...

I read the Catcher in the Rye but I was really disappointed. I got to the end and it felt like 'oh is that it?' I just didn't get it at all...

T Jr. said...

It's little bit strange whether this year. Cherry Blossom season came before Hey Fever season is over. This mean I cannot really enjoy Hanami....

Nat AndMatt said...

We need to get a new apartment. I'd really like a house though. I just want somewhere new... Enjoy spring! I too have been feeling tired so don't worry about it. It's definitely seasonal.