Friday, March 1, 2013

It's March

The title is pretty self-explanatory. It's March! Finally. February was the longest, coldest, most tiring month. I was stressed out from many changes in my life, but I feel like everything is falling into place now and I'm loving my new, cozy lodgings. Everything is crisp and white, but warm with soft lighting and it smells like a mix of freshly baked cookies and laundry soap, I enjoy coming home. This apartment reminds me of the one I had back in Montreal- such nostalgic thoughts. I've been thinking about Montreal incessantly lately, I simply cannot wait to visit soon!

So March is here, and suddenly the temperatures rose and today it rained, but warm rain that left such a fresh smell reminding me that springtime is near. I kickstarted the weekend by a sushi meal, onsen and Mr Donut combo, which is pure bliss. I had not been to the onsen in a few weeks, and I somehow need it on a regular basis, as it helps me relax so much, and my constantly cold body craves it. The outdoor bath is the best, and was even better tonight with the rain.

Mr Donut is my guilty pleasure, something I definitely don't need after sushi. I am currently obsessed with their doughnut called "pon de ring", which is shaped like the mascot lion's mane and is super soft and mochi-like. The lion's name is "pon de lion". I have no idea what it means, but it sounds ridiculously funny and the shape of the doughnut is equally amusing. I'm dying to get the special edition bento box featuring "pon de lion", but I need to buy seven doughnuts (in one visit) in order to obtain it.

Who wants to help me eat seven doughnuts?



Mr Donut's pon de ring, complete with pon de lion's face


Chocolate pon de ring + honey glazed. I surprisingly got the honey one.


Rose Gold shimmery nail shade, courtesy of Top Shop


This is not a skirt but culottes, which are loose shorts.
Finally stopped wearing five pairs of tights and eight layered Heattech shirts.


13 comments:

Rachel Anastasia said...

Everytime I saw a pon de ringo donut I thought about that Rihanna song Pon de Replay ha ha

Isabel said...

I would love a pon de lion donut.....and those rose gold nails! Love them! What's the shade called? I'm going to look for it in Topshop LDN

xo

Eddie M said...

This talk of donuts reminds me of the Tokyo Banana! Yes, bring on spring :)

Rosa said...

I’ve nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award! http://www.rosainbloggerland.com/2013/03/versatile-blogger-award.html#more

Judith L said...

This post makes me sad because winter came back in full force this weekend in Osaka. Is it still warm in Tokyo? I love those shorts and that nail polish.
And your white dresser and your non tatami floor :)

Vivian said...

Haha!!! Pon de replay YES!!!! What does pon even means?! I think in Japanese it's a baby word for tummy.

Vivian said...

It was a mini set if 3... Did you find it? I can't see a name anywhere:(

Vivian said...

The infamous Tokyo banana! Speaking if which, I received a leopard print Tokyo banana. Photo to come...

Vivian said...

Thank you! xo

Vivian said...

Tokyo was quite warm all weekend but it's cold again now... Sigh... So over it!! But new clothes help! I'm glad you like my apartment, hope you visit soon and come over!!! xo

Komainulock said...

( ・∀・)ノHi Vivian!
I also wanted to know meaning of "pão de ring". According to result of the search, that is coined word created from Portuguese and English. So it stands for "bread of ring" in English!(゚∀゚)
http://moto-neta.com/product-name/pao-de-ring/

Vivian said...

Komainulock: Thank you SO MUCH for the link, and for enlightening me about the origin of the name! So interesting! I had no idea. The name always sounded so funny. I hope I can get my hands on the pon de lion bento box while it's still a special offer :)

Komainulock said...

I wish I could help you(-_-)