Monday, October 22, 2012

Sunday at the Park










Photos by Maaserhit Honda

Yesterday I took an actual day off, shut down my laptop and phone and escaped Tokyo without actually leaving the city. The park felt like another world, with its near-rolling hills, lush leafage and woodland. The smell of pine reminded me of back home in Canada. I had a fun time being playful in the tall grass and prancing around the open spaces (I actually did prance, because that is what you do when you're released from the cityscape). 

It was one of the most tranquil and peaceful places I've been to around Tokyo (nothing is quiet on a Sunday in Tokyo!), and the day was made complete with a picnic under the tallest, red pine tree, a cat and ducks sighting, a post-park sushi fest at my favourite restaurant and one or two doughnuts. It was a very wholesome day... except perhaps the Mr Donuts part.

I wish every day was like this!







3 comments:

Christine loves to Travel said...

That's a terrific way celebrate a Sunday :)

miles fortune said...

gorgeous! I'm a photographer from Seattle moving to Tokyo in about oh- 9 days- very excited. Your blog has brought much inspiration, thank you!

Vivian said...

miles fortune- Thank you! And welcome to Tokyo! Email me if you have any questions, and I hope you love it as much as I do here.