Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What to do in Tokyo?

I have less time for those activities lately

So, I realized I never talk in great detail about my writing work for Tokyo Weekender, but I do seem to go out lots and somehow report about it. I've been recently given the (pleasant) task of finding interesting Tokyo events, foods or shops, and writing about them to entice people to go there. The editing team and myself are always on the lookout for fun activities and anything artistic and cultural, and we hope readers can use our ideas as a guide to find out what to do every week in the city.

Lately, my favorite posts have been about the upcoming sumo tournament, the art exhibit about train manners posters, the Starbucks museum (only in Japan...), the Kawaii festival (yes, only in Japan too), and traditional Noh theatre. Writing about them makes me want to try them all, if only I had the time!

If you'd like to read a bit more about what I do (besides 'shopping', running and coffee), check out the agenda section of Tokyo Weekender... that's where I've been spending most of my time. And you should bookmark it and consult it daily! Even if you don't live in Japan, you can learn about Japanese culture and what's going on in Tokyo.

Shameless self promotion, why not.

(and, if you have any fun Tokyo events we didn't mention, email me or leave it in the comments!)

In other news, I've been growing increasingly attached to the lady who gives basic Japanese lessons on YouTube. Even though the lessons are way too easy for my level, I can't seem to fall asleep without the sounds of her soothing voice. Thanks, lady. Who are you?

No comments: