Monday, September 24, 2012

Odaiba

View of Tokyo from Odaiba

Right before autumn took over September, I squeezed in a last bite of summer by taking a little trip to Odaiba. Even though it's less than an hour away from my house, it was a true holiday.

Odaiba is a large artificial island located in Tokyo bay, and after undergoing several changes in the last decade, it became a sort of futuristic island with a modern city feel. It's now a popular shopping and entertainment district, and a favoured date spot. Odaiba is located across the iconic Rainbow Bridge, which looks especially stunning when illuminated at night.

To be fair I did not do much touristy things on Odaiba, but I caught a glimpse of the replica of the Statue of Liberty (aptly named "Godess of Liberty"), and mostly soaked in the view of Tokyo from across the bay. Tokyo Tower looks so beautiful with its deep red hues, almost makes newcomer Sky Tree pale in comparison.

I ate ramen, sweets, ice cream, cakes, tea, had several photo shoots, a picnic on the beach- that brief day trip made me feel more on vacation than almost anything else I've done in the entire summer. I'd like to visit Odaiba again and see all the other sights I've missed, but riding the Yurikamome elevated train is one of the best parts about it.

Nighttime Odaiba

Fast food romance

Hello, Tokyo


Hearty meal....

Every day should start like this

Beachside Odaiba

1 comment:

Christine loves to Travel said...

That's a lovely break Vivian :)