Saturday, September 1, 2012

Hi, September

Costume National, Aoyama

Over the course of the summer, things in my life have changed completely. I've been quite serious and hardworking, and I was offered amazing opportunities (and new responsibilities), which motivates me to work even harder.

A few days ago I had the incredible chance to interview Italian designer Ennio Capasa, creator of one of my favorite fashion houses, Costume National. I've always been a devotee of the brand, particularly loving the shoes, demure creations, and scents.

I met him at an event held in the fabulous Aoyama boutique a few days ago- to be honest, I had no idea I'd get to interview him, but when the opportunity suddenly presented itself, I gulped down about three glasses of champagne, read the history of the brand on Wikipedia, and took a deep breath. Mr Capasa was so warm and lovely, and I was a bit starstruck- I think any fashionista could relate. I did open the interview by mentioning I'm half Italian, and that magically did the trick.

I swilled about three (?) more glasses of champagne afterwards, as my glass kept constantly being refilled- blame it on the attentive staff. It was actually a really fun fashion event, as it was held outside on a balmy summer night. Not to mention the swag bag, with an actual tee-shirt.

So, that sums up lately I think; many great things happening in every aspect of my life, but a lot of hard work. I think I'm finally reaching some of the goals I had set for myself when I first came to Japan, which are so important to me. My social life is hanging by a thread and I apologize to my friends for not being around as much, as I'm having a bit of a hard time managing everything and adjusting to a new pace, but I'll find my stride sooner than later.

I like swanky little parties

So girlie: pink dress, ribbons.

New work.... work work work

3 comments:

Chongmal Cheongju said...

Omedetou gozaimasu on your exciting new opportunities! So thrilling!

Clara Turbay said...

Good ideas!

Christine loves to Travel said...

Congratulations Vivian for all your new opportunities!