Thursday, July 26, 2012

Summer Salty Watermelon


That's right, Salty Watermelon

Every summer, Pepsi in Japan releases a new, interesting flavour in limited edition. For summer 2012, they introduced "Salty Watermelon", which is all the rage right now, mostly because it's a bit odd. Watermelon is an important summer food in Japan, and some people sprinkle a bit of salt on it to bring out the flavour.

I tried Salty Watermelon Pepsi. The liquid is a bright pink shade, and it tastes like a fruit punch, not too sweet and very fizzy. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but it probably has enough chemicals and artificial elements to glow in the dark. The half full bottle has been suspiciously standing in the corner of my room, and definitely brightens up my muted decor.

In the past summers, Pepsi had a shiso flavour (a mint-like herb) and cucumber. To be fair, Salty Watermelon is probably the best one so far. I don't think I'll ever finish drinking this bottle, but it's absolutely worth spending ¥147 to bring a bit of excitement to an otherwise boring and stifling summer day.

4 comments:

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

What an interesting flavor for a carbonated drink! Hmm...

Nguyen Tien Manh said...

njce blog
pl, visit my blog http://healthy-living88.blogspot.com/

Emelie said...

Ah, saw that Pepsi before I went home to Sweden for summer vacation. Interesting!
The seasonal flavors in Japan ruins me! Haha. Have to try them all, like Pokemon, collect em all!

3yin said...

woow, watermelon pepsi! so interesting!