Monday, July 2, 2012

June Photo Diary

Rainy season adverts on the train
Mind your wet umbrellas, please.

It's July, rainy season is (possibly) over, and summer plans are being made. June was a bit gloomy, and all I can remember doing was working, running, writing, working (and not sleeping), but I looked through my pictures and apparently I did a bit more, so here are some snapshots.


Pizza was ordered and eaten.
I love nights at my friends' houses, with take out and trash tv


A typical Japanese vending machine I photographed while running
My favourite drink is CC Lemon

I photo boothed myself, of course


I ran a lot and wore Hello Kitty socks
Spices it all up

Deserted Shibuya at 7am
I sent live pictures to my friends in Canada

Friday beers (and stylish boys) at TOPMAN in Harajuku and Shinjuku
(we'll travel everywhere for free stuff...)

Cocktails on the roof of Lumine department store
view of Shinjuku through a fence


Smoked salmon tartine at Le Pain Quotidien
one of my favourite brunch spots in Tokyo

Zojo-ji Temple in Shiba Koen
another favourite of mine

Colourful Tanabata wish tree
(more on that next week)

Wandering around the temple,
so peaceful and crisp


Tokyo Tower peeking, hello

Spiking up some mango Frappuccinos
We are classy girls....

Posh neighbourhood Ginza
and its pedestrian street

My idea of a Saturday night in:
red wine, scones, jam, crisps, and a movie

Yes, I did go to Abercrombie & Fitch
Yes, Tom answered my question. Can you guess?

I spent an afternoon trying on clothes and shoes
at TOPSHOP. The staff knows my name.

My Japanese phrase book is full of cultural tidbits

Finally tried a restaurant that serves Oyster Pizza
It was brilliant.

I like spending time in other Tokyo neighbourhoods, as I'm usually in Shibuya, but lately I've been exploring Shinjuku a bit more (a place I'm slowly warming up to), as well as areas on the other side of the Yamanote line.

July promises a few fun adventures, and I cannot wait to share.

3 comments:

Neo said...

I LOL'd at your conversation with Tom and then asked myself that same question :P :P

It's surreal how Shibuya looks empty that early in the morning!

It was great reading about your HK adventures (Chungking Express!) -- I hope you manage to get some quality-time before it gets too hot!

--Neo

snowfish1121 said...

I think the answer to the Meatloaf question is... he will do anything for love. Period. Additionally, there is something which he won't do.

It's not like, he will do anything for love EXCEPT "that."

There is a part in the song where the chick says, "Sooner or later, you'll be screwing around," to which he replies, "No, I won't do that."

To re-cap: he will do anything for love. And he will not screw around on his girl. Two separate things. But because of the way it's phrased, most people assume it's "I will do anything for love, except 'that'"

Weirdly, I was just thinking about this the other day... So, am I right? Is this the answer your friend gave you? ;)

Melanie said...

I am back in England and have loved catching up with your blog through jet lagged eyes...
It's actually really interesting reading about "your Tokyo" now that I have visited.. I really really loved it and I'm so excited for my time out there next year. And then I will have a permanent address and permanent means of being contacted so I look forward to meeting you!

BTW, CC Lemon is my favourite too... but I couldn't always find it, which probably made me want it more!