Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tokyo Events: Secret Blogger Tasting Party at Godiva



I had the chance to receive an invitation to the "Secret Blogger Tasting Party" thrown by Belgian chocolate house Godiva. The mere mention of the word chocolate can motivate me to do anything in life, thus a chocolate tasting party is right up my alley, as I'm quite the expert.

On Monday evening, twenty or so trendy (and beautiful!) bloggers all gathered in the Harajuku Godiva shop in order to taste the 2012 Valentine collection, aptly named Mont d'Amour. I felt very lucky I was able to participate in the event as the sole foreign writer, and I was given such a warm welcome by the staff and everyone else. Thankfully tasting chocolate doesn't require advanced language skills, and I felt at ease right away, surrounded with sweets.

Tea and coffee were served by the ever attentive staff, and we each got to try four different flavours of truffes, all more decadent than the other: Coeur Mousse fraise (strawberry), Mousse thé vert (green tea), Mousse marron et cassis (maroon and cassis), and Mousse Citron (lemon). The chocolates were exquisite and gorgeous, each offering delicate flavours, true to Godiva's high quality.

Most girls voted for Mousse fraise as their favourite, but I especially loved Mousse marron et cassis, which was a bit more subtle. The chocolates were to be tasted in a specific order to ensure the desirable effect. While we took bites of those delectable little bits of heaven, we were asked to write love messages on a board and a fun little photo shoot followed.

We all left with a lovely gift bag containing a beautiful silver heart-shaped case full of chocolates (I meant to save it for Valentines Day but I could not wait any longer, I had to open it and of course eat most of it!). Godiva chocolate is some of my favourite, and I highly recommend sampling the Valentine collection, which is not only amazingly delicious, but also features beautiful packaging designed by Spanish designer Jaime Hayon.

It was quite the magical night, filled with luxurious sweets in a sophisticated setting, lovely fellow bloggers, and a chocolate-induced pure state of bliss.



The gorgeous packaging

Chocolates, chandelier, oh my

Little bits of heaven

Coeur Mousse fraise

All so colourful and scrumptious

My love message, signed ヴィヴィアン

Fun collection of polaroids

High tea

Designed by Jaime Hayon

The gift bag! I ate most of it.

Thank you, Godiva, for such a treat!

No comments: