Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Snowy Tokyo


Snow, snow, snow

Today there was a major snowfall in Tokyo- well, major for Japan, and pretty tame for Canada. I really haven't seen snow in the two years I've lived in Japan. My previous winters were spent in Shikoku and Kansai, and it rarely ever snows there.

I like snow, I think it's really beautiful and it reminds me of home. I also think it's quite interesting how the city gets affected by such a small amount of snow: trains are delayed, roads are not cleared for days, and people are obviously not dressed accordingly. In Canada, this kind of snowfall is a regular occurrence, and no one seems to notice anymore. To be fair, I was not dressed accordingly either, I should know better, but it's been too long. Soaked feet! Bad footwear choice. As much as I love snow, I don't miss the bitter cold and extremely long winters back home.

In other news, February is over. How can such a short month can seem so long? Maybe it was that leap day.



Winter wonderland?

My street= soaked socks

3 comments:

fran-japani said...

Jealous!! It's cold but not snowing in Osaka :(
The iPhone 'snow screen' is cute too! Enjoy it while it lasts.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Enjoy the snow!

Katie.Daily said...

OMG im jealous you are in Japan! I took Japanese all throughout my childhood and then tried to start back again in college, but its so difficult! Looks like you are having a blast though!