Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mid-February Tokyo Musings

February may the the shortest month of the year, but can feel like the longest: it's cold, rainy (at least here in Tokyo), frugal, and Valentine's Day lurks around the corner, putting unnecessary pressure on everyone.

Although I did not follow any of the ideas I gave in my Tokyo Weekender article (sadly the zoo was a no-go), I had a lovely time indulging on chocolate, ice cream, and hot whiskey. I felt quite content with myself until it dawned on me that I maybe had eaten too much chocolate, and that it was ironic that other people were out following my ideas while I had chosen to spend my night with chocolate. I had a small moment of panic about it all, but I blame it on the whiskey.

I love living in Japan, and I'm probably the happiest I've ever been in my life, but it's not always as glamourous or easy as it looks. Yet it's all worth it, I'm head over heels in love with Japan to this day, and I'm still afraid I'll never be able to leave.

How I spent my Valentine's Day. Chocolate coma.

Homemade card + cupcake

Meanwhile, this girl has the right idea:


1 comment:

Miyan said...

hi sweets! thanks for your comment on my wedding photos :)

i had the same idea as you and made chocolate covered cheerios and strawberries today....and ate them all by myself :)

Miyan