Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tokyo Girls

Exciting times: my lovely friend Julie came to visit me in Tokyo, and became an honorary guest of the Shimo House for the weekend. She and I met through our respective blogs, and quickly bonded over writing, music, fashion, food, and our mutual love for Japan. We had such a great time catching up, laughing, walking and eating our way across Tokyo, in a fun-filled girlie weekend.

Highlights of her visit included a party at stylish M in Daikanyama where my friends DJed, a few too many vodka sodas, not one but two scrumptious brunches at Rose Bakery in Kichijoji, lots of window shopping in Nakameguro, Okinawan food in Shibuya (I had no idea it was so tasty, it's one of my new favourites!), an hilarious word challenge in which we had to stick to a theme all weekend (don't ask), feasts at 4 in the morning, a proper sleepover, gifted persimmons from my kind neighbour, hanging out with Sophia's friends from Australia, mulled wine, polaroids, and just overall happiness and fun.


Scrumptious foods!

Rose Bakery, Kichijoji

See by Chloé delightful sweets

Okinawa beer

Soy Mocha

Let's persimmon!!!


I need more weekends like these. Thanks for visiting, Julie, and come back anytime!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I had such a great time with you, Vivian! Thanks for having me!! I'll be back soon!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Looks like a fun weekend!

Judith said...

Looks fun! I actually found your blog through her's :). I read it for a long time, and it kinda helped push me in the right direction about trying to move out here!

Vivian said...

Judith- oh, that's interesting! I was a big fan of Julie's blog, then finally worked up the courage to email her, and we met and instantly bonded!! I love her!!