Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Love, from Osaka

whoa. turning Japanese much?

Today I came home to find an adorable, colourful Christmas card from my former kindergarten kids back in Osaka. It was such a surprise, and it completely made me melt. I'm so touched they still remember me, and spent ages looking at every page and every picture.

My Osaka life seems so far away now- to be honest, I don't miss it at all, as it was a very isolated time for me and an exhausting job, but I miss the few friends I made there, the city vibes, and those lovely 5 years-old. I'll never forget any of the students I've had in Korea, Shikoku and Osaka, and I'll always look back so fondly on teaching, and count myself lucky I got to try it for a bit.

It also made me realize how much I love my life at the moment and am thankful for every bit- living in Tokyo, and everything else that came along.

No comments: