Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Holiday Behaviour

Yet another Photo Booth gem

In Japan, I've adopted odd ways of spending my vacation time (if I'm not traveling), and here is how it usually goes: I lounge around my futon, text message randomly, google information and pictures, watch YouTube videos, eat all the food I have around the house because I'm too lazy to go out, take Photo Booth pictures (a strange habit I picked up here- I blame it on living in Marugame), listen to countless hours of music, read fashion magazines, bake cakes in my rice cooker, write letters and stay up all night.

I also like to reminisce and look through pictures and read journals and old blog posts. Two years ago today, I came to Tokyo for a few days, to ring in the new year. I was living in the rice fields of Shikoku, but wanted a slice of city life for the holidays. I stayed at my friend Yoshi's house, who welcomed me into his home and let me crash on his floor for as long as I wished. I remember being so mesmerized by Tokyo, even writing it was like bathing in chocolate soufflé, wishing I lived here.

I remember walking from Ikenoue station and getting lost in the maze that led to Yoshi's house, unaware that I'd be living in that very house two years later- pure coincidence. Life is crazy, like that. Even though some days it completely drives me out of my mind, I still think Tokyo is just as mesmerizing, and I'll never get tired of walking its streets and riding its crowded trains.

So yes. This is what I've been up to.

I also like to play this game where I go through pictures on my iPhone while listening to music, and take screen shots that make clever little captions.





This reminds me that I really should pack my bags and take a little winter trip to a different prefecture... stay tuned.