Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday Sessions

My friends and I started a Sunday tradition we call "Sunday Sessions". It started when we were discussing how depressing and dreadful Sunday evenings can be- knowing there is work the next day, and the weekend is over. I used to stay in on Sunday nights and carefully prepare for the upcoming week, but I realized it does not make Monday mornings any better. Instead, we decided to go out and have fun on Sunday nights, while enjoying delicious foods and drinks all over Tokyo- yet still heading home at a reasonable hour.

Tonight's session involved gyoza (dumplings), beer, and a few glasses of red wine in gorgeous Nakameguro. I love the company of those boys- now Monday mornings don't seem so bad after ending the weekend on a high note.

Gyoza: a plate of 40

Wine by Nakameguro River

Good wine and company

On the streets of Tokyo...

6 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

looks so good!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Sounds like a fun tradition - jealous of that gyoza! Wishing I could magically zap back to Japan just for one meal.

Tee, Passports and Postcards said...

That's such a great idea! Sunday's still a day off and should be enjoyed.

Fashimi said...

The gyoza looks so delicious! Say hi to the boys for me! ;)

Vivian said...

Nicole- Thanks, it was delicious!! xx

Michelle- I bet!!! Wish I could send you some....then again I wish I could magically zap back home to eat some foods I miss! xo

Tea, Passports- You are right! Sundays are still a day off!! Love your latest posts, btw!! xx

Sophia- Will do... those handsome boys.. sigh. They don't read this blog, do they?! Hahaaaaaa. xo

mina said...

Looks like fun! I used to get stressed out on Sunday nights before a work week too. Now I'm just stressed all the time.

P.S. Thanks for the cupcake recommendation. I'll be sure to check it out next time we're in that area and report back!