Sunday, October 16, 2011

What are you listening to?

Since I've been living in Japan, I have felt a bit out of the loop when it comes to new music. There are fewer concerts to go to in Japan, and when bands visit Tokyo or Osaka, the ticket price is quite extravagant, therefore I never go. It's unfortunate, as it hinders my ability to get hooked on up-and-coming acts. Therefore, I count on my friends to send me playlists and music recommendations, and thankfully I'm surrounded with people with amazing taste.

I recently became addicted to Last.fm (I'm definitely late on the trend), a page where you can listen to all kinds of music and get suggestions according to your taste, and from friends. Over the past few days, I have discovered so many new bands and became obsessed with M83's latest album, Hurry Up We're Dreaming. 

Please add me and share some music!

2 comments:

Nick said...

I haven't used last.fm in ages.... I wonder when my last scrobble was...

thevoyageofv said...

I haven't used last.fm either. I've been using Spotify since it first started up in Sweden. Love it! I've also been looking for some new music; lately I've been listening a lot to Veronica Maggio's newest album, Satan I Gatan (the whole thing is in Swedish) and The Kills.