Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Brunch in Shimokitazawa

I'm delighted with the fact that Tokyo offers many places to eat my favourite meal, breakfast. It's one of the things I miss most about home- being able to get a late breakfast on a lazy Sunday morning (or afternoon), while sitting outside and relaxing. Lazy and relaxing are two words that do no apply to Japanese society, but the brunch tradition is slowly catching up.

I have only tried two places in Shimokitazawa, but the research shall continue, so stay tuned.

Sunday Brunch had special Halloween pancakes, along with a tasty veggie stew and a salad.

I fell for the pumpkin face


Mixture Bakery, one of my regular spots for lunch, offers a morning set before 11am (although I'm never up early enough to catch it on Sundays)- eggs and toast. If you miss it, it's not a problem, as their lunch sets are pretty brunch-tastic: sandwiches, salads and strong espresso. Theyr have an extensive selection of baked goods such as croissants and pain au chocolat, and their infamous espresso bread. Yum.


Tuna and avocado sandwich, apple juice

3 comments:

Tee, Passports and Postcards said...

Love the pancakes- I bet it taste as good as it looks. I've been enjoying your adventures in Tokyo. It seems like you have so much going on, but then again, you're in Tokyo!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Love the pumpkin face!

mina said...

We were in Tokyo in October and they had the most amazingly adorable and elaborate Hallowe'en decorations everywhere. As far as I know, they don't even celebrate it over there.