Friday, October 7, 2011

Shibuya Crossing

Shibuya Crossing


As cliché as it sounds, I still find Shibuya Crossing quite impressive. Shibuya Crossing is simply a busy intersection in Tokyo (well, the busiest intersection in the world, as a matter of fact): once the light turns green, people from four directions go across the scramble.

The big Starbucks overlooking Shibuya Crossing is the busiest in the world. In fact, you can only order drinks in one size (tall size), as it probably saves a lot of time. In my opinion, it's also the quickest service in the world. It's always full of tourists trying to take snapshots of the intersection, but I sometimes enjoy sitting there just to look at the street. I keep in mind that a few years ago, I was one of those tourists myself...

Shibuya Crossing was featured the movie in Lost in Translation, and I think it was truthfully depicted: all the neon lights, giant screens, and loud pop music. My Japanese friends told me that they don't call it Shibuya Crossing, but only the crossing.

Even though I walk across that intersection every morning, I don't think I'll ever lose that strange fascination. Shibuya is and will always be the liveliest place in the world, buzzing with people and incessant energy. It's such a landmark of Japan, and it really makes you feel like you well, live in Tokyo.

Sunday morning, 6:00 am

Sunday afternoon, 2:00 pm


Saturday night. 11:00 pm

1 comment:

mina said...

I took a photo of Alex there with a flash and you can't see the crowd at all. I want to come back soo so badly and revisit all the places and eat sushi for breakfast. Your posts lately are killing me