Friday, September 23, 2011

Red tights, and hello autumn.

{Friday night}


{Red tights}

I dug out those red tights out of my closet (rather, suitcase), circa my days in Korea. I forgot about how many pairs of coloured tights I picked up while living in Seoul, and never wore them much back then. I think red tights brighten up my otherwise very black and neutral outfits. Oh, and to the mix I added an oversized velour bow, the texture reminds me of fall and those back-to-school times.



{Red velour bow. Yes, velour.}

Autumn has been peeking in Tokyo in those past few days- the mornings are crisp, the light is different, and there is just that fall smell I love. I am so thankful Japanese summer is over, or at least pretty much over.

Last night, while attending an event at the gorgeous Trump Room, I was lucky to meet lovely Janina, who came up to me and excitedly told me she reads my blog and recognized me from it. I was surprised to say the least, as I had no idea people actually read this page (let alone in Tokyo), and mostly very flattered. I think it's amazing she actually told me about it, as it made me so happy. Janina, I hope you enjoy your last bit in Tokyo, and let's meet up before you leave!

And well, if you are in Tokyo and read this, I would love to hear from you and meet new people, as I actually met some of my closest friends through blogging and such while living abroad.

My favourite part of the night (or rather, early morning) is the walk back to Shimokitazawa. I'm thankful I can walk home from Shibuya in 30 minutes, something I would never, ever do back home- but in Japan, it feels so safe.

4 comments:

Fashimi said...

Yay for coloured tights! Can't wait to start wearing my fluoro ones!

PS. Can't stop thinking about burgers.

Vivian said...

Yess! Wear your fluoro ones next time!!

Mmmm burgers- where are we going next?

xo

Mowgli said...

whenever i read your blog i get a small pinch in my heart :( i miss living in Japan...

Isabel said...

love the tights! Is the bow from American Apparel?
xo