Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Packing, take two


Proof that I'm actually packing (and not just enjoying my bed, the hot hot heat, and the beaches of Kansai).

It's the second time I move within a year, and I wonder how it is possible that I have more stuff than before. I have no problems giving (or throwing) things away, I guess that happens when you live abroad. Packing can actually be fun, with a good playlist and drinks and impromptu fashion photo shoots with found clothes.

Any other tips?

In the midst of the packing madness and cycling around Osaka to revisit my favourite places and people, I also am secretly getting excited for my new house and neighbourhood. I will live in an area called Shimokitazawa, which is not only beautiful and steps from Shibuya, but filled with great cafés and live venues. I'm looking forward to share more about life in Tokyo, but for now, I want to soak in every moment I have left in Kansai.

7 comments:

valerie said...

Im moving to bunkyo-ku 15 minutes from Shibuya on the Hanzomon line...^^ well finally be close...I know what you mean i'm trying tonnes of stuff away that i bought but really don't need it lol

Vivian said...

YAY!!! Enfin on va pouvoir se voir sur une base régulière... penses-tu que je peux aller chez toi en vélo?

xx

happy moments said...

i wish you the very best for your new house and neighborhood!!smile to new adventures.xoxo

Staci M.W. said...

Vivian!!!! I LOVED Shimokitazawa! I think I only visited that little neighborhood once but I fell in love!!!!!!! I am so jealous! If I had stayed in Japan that would have been my transfer of choice...right next to Yokohama....

Nicole Marie said...

so exciting!! moving is sometimes a pain but i love throwing things out and starting over fresh! can't wait to see your new diggs and neighborhood!

Kelly said...

I'm soooo over packing, carrying the boxes and then unpacking. But at least you make your experience WAY more fun that I have! Can't wait to see your new everything!

Dorien said...

Shimokitazawa!! Oh I'm so jealous! I've been to Japan again last June and stayed in a friends' house in Shimokitazawa.
Missing Japan so much! And a little jealous on your experiences in Japan! Enjoy as long as it lasts...