Thursday, August 4, 2011

August Holiday

In a few days is the start of Obon, which is an annual Japanese Buddhist holiday. Traditionally people celebrate the departed and go back to their ancestral family places, but nowadays it's mostly a summer holiday, when many families travel around.

As tempting as it is to hop on a train and explore a different part of Japan, my summer holiday will be spent here in Kansai, enjoying my last little bits of life here, which I will dearly miss. Revisiting my favourite places and seeing my favourite people. Also, in this holiday, I need to completely empty out my apartment, ship some things, sell some, and throw away lots.

Two more weeks.

2 comments:

Michi said...

Best of luck with your move! I hope you have a lovely time enjoying this bit of your life, pre-Tokyo. ;)

Leah said...

Vivian, what are you doing in Tokyo?? I'm so curious.