Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pocky: Summer Flavours


I always joke that Pocky sticks were one of my main reasons to move to Japan, and well, it's not too far from the truth. I love Pocky so much, and even though I usually stay away from its calorie-laden goodness, I could not resist trying the new summer flavours: Coconut and Mint.

Yum!

Mint chocolate is not a popular flavour in Japan- I heard that most Japanese think it tastes like toothpaste. I tend to disagree. The Pocky version was quite delectable, as the chocolate quality is always high.

The coconut version was equally scrumptious, flakes of coconut covered in chocolate, which makes for a crispy treat.

I wonder if the limited editions are available in Asian import shops abroad? Please let me know, I'm curious!

I heart Glico!

11 comments:

Ring of Fire said...

Mmm, I love Pocky! The mint sounds incredible, especially if it's dark chocolate. Coconut sounds good, but I don't enjoy 'rough Pocky' as much as the smooth kind. I'm definitely a little jealous right now.


Intotheringoffire.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

mmmm!!! i love pocky!! that mint sounds so so so good!

Isabel said...

i hope the mint ones will still be there when i visit. mint chocolate is my favourite :)
xo

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Yum, I'd love to try the coconut flavor!

Coffee_c said...

Don't worry Vivi, they have like 10 flavors available at Kim Phat in Montreal and Brossard for when you come back. I get some fairly often and always think of you when I do.

I'll check if they have mint or coconut... I'd like to try them!

Rosemary Brennan said...

Mint Pocky?! I've never seen this before! It sounds amazing! I've always been more of a Yan Yan girl, but these summer flavors might sway me. Hmm...off to the 99 Ranch Super market to see if I can find 'em. Wish me luck. :)

thevoyageofv said...

I really, really, really want to eat the whole box of the coconut one.

joanne hegarty said...

I have never heard of these until now ! But they look delicious. I have a huge weakness for chocolate. It is amazing how everything sold in Japan is so dainty. Are you going to be living there for long ?
Joanne
http://www.balletpumpsandroses.com

Michi said...

Delicious!!! :)

Miyan said...

um, yum! i am going to be on the look out for these in the speciality gorcery stores here, but doubt i will find them. i love mint chocolate and coconut like its not even funny...

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

Unbrave Girl said...

I don't remember there being summer Pocky flavors! Not fair. Now I need to move back. Especially since mint chocolate is like the bomb.