Sunday, June 5, 2011

Osaka in a Haze

{Queen of Osaka Castle?}

{Mmmmm, cafés}

This weekend, two of my friends from Kagawa finally came up to visit me and see what Osaka is all about. I had not had visitors in a long time, and I was so excited to not only spend time with them, but introducing them to my world here. My Osaka friends meeting my Shikoku friends, oh my. Thankfully everyone liked each other and after a day and a half they all poked fun at my little quirks, which I find endearing because only true friends notice them...

It was a packed schedule filled with long walks on Dotonbori (which epitomizes the flamboyance of Osaka), wine and snacks on my apartment floor, breakfast at Osaka Castle, an actual visit of the inside of the Castle (eight floors of museum displays and a breathtaking view of the city on the top floor), walks to Namba, Mexican food and margaritas at noon, drunk shopping, more coffee than I can remember, okonomiyaki (I had to introduce my friend's to Kansai's most famous dish), a night out dancing in Umeda (and more drinking... for them..), very few hours of sleep and a lazy lunch at a beautiful café (NOT a buffet, as I clearly stated, "I don't do buffets").

It was great to reminisce, catch up, talk about our future plans, and just have a good time. Showing my friends around my home made me appreciate my city so much more, and see it from a different, fresh perspective. Osaka is pretty amazing, and without any doubt the craziest city in all of Japan.

Now, I could really use some sleep...

6 comments:

thevoyageofv said...

You don't do buffets? Oh man, I can kill a buffet. Which is probably the main reason I'm in such need of lipo...

Vivian said...

Okay, the thing about buffets (and what I was trying to explain to my friends this morning) was that the food is usually of so-so quality, and I prefer going to a place where the quality is high and where the chances are lower of me stuffing myself to death (says the girl currently eating a chocolate bar while typing).

And lipo? You're crazy. You are perfect.

Christine loves to Travel said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

I really love your dress!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I miss Japan!

French Lover said...

Ce petit repas semble délicieux. Hope you got some rest :) Bisous !

joanne hegarty said...

Look like a fun weekend. Am loving your posts - so interesting !
Joanne
http://www.balletpumpsandroses.com