Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thursdays

Things I like lately in Osaka...

British chain Top Shop finally opened a store in Umeda...

House parties... in Japan, it's a rare thing to hold house parties since apartments are so small, but somehow we managed to make it work, dancing included...

Weeknight impromptu dinner at a cheap, cheap izakaya under the Hankyu tracks...

Reading a book and sipping on an iced coffee outdoors near Tanimachi Yonchome on a Sunday afternoon...

Cycling on the tree-lined Mido-Suji avenue...

Planning weekend escapes to Kyoto for some traditional arts...

Long email exchanges with friends and entertaining them while they're at work, due to the time difference...

Honey in my tea.

{Cool sticker shop I found in Minami Senba... my old home, and my new home}

{Party remains}

6 comments:

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Man, wish I was there, I could go for some quality green tea and okonomiyaki right now!

How are things going there after the earthquake?

French Lover said...

I miss Japan... it's the little things... merci de partager ces petits moments avec nous <3

Isabel said...

i love our e-mail exchanges whilst I am at work :)
xo

Eileen said...

I found your blog about a week ago via random search on Google and since then I have read the entire thing. I couldn't stop! Your blog reads wonderfully, and it makes me so nostalgic because I taught English in Japan last year too, and I miss it so much.
Anyway, just wanted to say I'm a fan, and please keep writing! :)

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

You always make Japan sound so dreamy. I love reading your blog and seeing Japan through your eyes. I gave you a blog award (on my blog). Keep it up:)

Erin said...

YOu have such a lovely blog! Bravo!

xx

http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/