Tuesday, April 26, 2011

From Shikoku, with love.

Shikoku. My home away from home.







That same feeling of comfort and familiarity. Pancakes, strawberries, and sunny bike rides alongside rice fields and mountains. Knowing Shikoku will always be my first home in Japan, and the place I feel most comfortable in. Perhaps in the midst of escaping boredom and hard feelings for the big bad city of Osaka, I forgot that Shikoku is the place where my love story with Japan truly began to unfold, and is home to some close friendships and my favourite people. I love any excuse to go to back there, as it is so soothing for the soul. Osaka may be lively, fun-filled, bright and flamboyant, but sometimes a girl misses her rice fields, mountains, and the sounds of crickets. Only for a day... or two.

xo

9 comments:

Miyan said...

beautiful photos!

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

thevoyageofv said...

I kind of feel the same way about Malmö. It's not the place for me, but it has such a special place in my heart. I probably will never live here again after I move in June, but I'll always come back!

Isabel said...

ahhh, that post was so special. I miss that too, toffee.
xo

Leah said...

Love this. Shikoku is so special. I miss the view of the Seto Inland Sea on the hour-long ride into Takamatsu.

David said...

I think I will finally get the chance to visit Shikoku this summer. You are lucky to have ties to such a beautiful place. By the way, I just re-read your summer survival guide from last summer. I need to start preparing because Tokyo could face blackouts this summer.

Becca [Free Honey] said...

This place looks so beautiful and tranquil. The sunset photo is particularly beautiful.

Ashley said...

my goodness. I seriously need to travel. These pictures are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Samurai Shonan said...

Nice Pictures Viv

Michi said...

Such beautiful, romantic snapshots of the landscape. :)