Friday, April 8, 2011

Pure, pure magic

April is already at full speed.

... The start of the new school year, and getting my very own kindergarten class. Starting from scratch, and spending every single day with the same group of adorable 5-year-olds. Suddenly I find myself making easter bunny crafts before 9 am, wiping tears, reading stories, dancing, and writing the lower case alphabet on the board. Well, I was already doing this when I started this job in Osaka, but this time it's my own regular class for the full year, and it makes the whole difference to be with the same kids on a daily basis. It's hard, hard work, but the kids really make it worth it, I love them to pieces already. And I'm thankful to my coworkers for making me laugh so much.

... Sakura さくら season, which is still going on, and at its peak this weekend. I went running some evenings this week, and the blossoms look even more beautiful at night. The pale pink flowers standing out against the dark sky, and lit up by streetlights and the castle... with happy, happy people quietly sharing foods and drinks until late at night... pure magic. It's so ephemeral, and I want to soak it all in, because it really is a magical time of the year.

{Nighttime hanami}

{Lit up sakura}

... A temporary roommate- my good friend Eve in Osaka, who is leaving Japan in a mere few days. Again, the challenges of living abroad... friends coming and going all the time. It has been nice to share my apartment with her, I have lived alone for so long now, I forgot how nice it is to come home to someone and share meals and have sleepovers.

... I'm trying as hard as I can to not get sick... because let's face it, new kids, new germs. I want to squeeze in as much fun as I can during the weekend, including a little jaunt to my beloved Kyoto and friend time. I'm slowly feeling more at ease in this Osaka madness, enjoying every moment and just letting things happen naturally.

9 comments:

Kelly said...

you paint pictures with words so well. it's like i'm there and i can feel the serene vibe you speak of.

love it! have a great weekend sweet friend! xx

Kelly said...

p.s. thank you for all the kind words you left on my post yesterday. so wonderful to read and comforting too! ♥

Isabel said...

it sounds like you have found your way :) Beautiful pictures....I miss you
xo

Brenna said...

Oh my goodness! That looks absolutely amazing! I have six year olds that I want to hug and squeeze every day! It's so amazing to work with kids.

Samurai Shonan said...

Great blog Vivian. Sakura hanami season is fleeting. It is being wiped out here in Kanagawa right at this moment by big winds and heavy rain. Good waves tomorrow so going body boarding. Wash your hands a lot at work. Those little kids can spread everything around. But, as you get older, there are less colds for you to catch.

Jeffowick said...

What company are you working with now? That sounds like a very fun job! Also, why can I not 'follow' your blog? I cannot find the button for that...

Vivian said...

Hi, Jeff!

Thank you, thank you! You can follow my blog, the follow button should be on the top left, by the search box. Or just add my URL to Google Reader?

Feel free to email me directly: morelli.vivian@gmail.com about work, I can't really share the company name on this site for privacy reasons, but email me :)

Jeffowick said...

haha... well now I feel silly. I'm used to seeing a gadget on the side with a follow button. But of course there is one at the top, thank you.

roxanne kay said...

wow! lovely pictures.. especially the one with pink lanterns.. :)