Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sakura Front



Sakura さくら, or cherry blossoms, will soon be in bloom. In Japan, they keep a detailed, up-to-date map of the sakura front, and when the flowers bloom in every region of the country. They're a bit late this year, as the weather has been unusually cold. I'm looking forward to view the cherry blossoms, as they are so fleeting.

In Osaka, they should be here today but they're not. Hopefully this weekend... a few more days until the happiest time in Japan begins.

7 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

Ohh the cherry blossoms must be beautiful!!! =)

Melanie's Randomness

magdalena viktoria said...

I really, really want to be in Japan one day for the cherry blossoms.
xx

Tee, Passports and Postcards said...

When I get a chance to visit Japan, I'll make sure I go during cherry blossom season. For now, I'll get the preview on your blog!

French Lover said...

J'adore les sakuras. Mars, avril, la plus belle saison au Japon <3 Bisous !

Ro said...

I love how delicate and gorgeous they look all clumped together. How long do the blooms usually last?

thevoyageofv said...

One of my most favorite things about living in D.C. was always the cherry blossom season. I can't even imagine what it must be like in Japan!

Rosemary Brennan said...

Seeing the cherry blossoms is totally on my bucket list. It must be such an exhilarating experience to see them in person!