Friday, February 18, 2011

Kindergarten Love.



This pretty much sums up my life lately. I have been working so hard, but I love it so much. I'm a cover teacher now, which means I travel to different schools around Osaka and substitute for other teachers, so I get to meet all kinds of different kids and experience each level of kindergarten (in Japan, there are three years of kindergarten, from ages 3 to 6). In April, when the new school year starts (unlike back home in September), I will finally be settled in one school and have my own class, which I'm very much looking forward to. I'll spend a year with the same group of kids, watching them grow and learn on a daily basis.

This past month has been a bit stressful since it's a completely new job for me, a new way of teaching, and the traveling around Osaka has been quite exhausting. I really enjoy being busy though, which is a nice change from counting down the days (and having mini meltdowns) in the countryside. Back in Marugame, my working hours were so insignificant that my job was not really an important part of my experience there- which was good, as I got to fully explore my area, study Japanese and hang out with friends, but too much free time in Marugame is NOT a desirable thing in the long run. In Osaka, I'm crazy busy, yet I am loving it, and kindergarteners spread their love (as well as their germs) unconditionally.

5 comments:

theeclecticlife said...

That is so cool that you get to teach in Japan. I took Japanese in high school and highly considered doing the JET program after college, but it never panned out.

Good luck trying to avoid those kindergarten germs!

Liri said...

haha sounds wonderful. I'm about to be a Kindergarden teacher in Tokushima....on Shikoku where you used to be. It's great getting a bit of a preview of my job!

Corie said...

After subbing at just about all levels in London, I'd have to say that kindergarten age is pretty much my favorite to sub in, even though I'm a secondary teacher! The little ones require so much energy, but it's nice to know that within minutes the kids will accept your presence, and you know you're always going to come home with a silly story of something cute that was said during the day.

Nicole Marie said...

kindergartners and 1st graders are the best! still love you so much even if they drive you crazy!

Fashion said...

wow sweet love story very enjoyable love letter if this letter given me i was except this offer for the first time because love is life
shoes uk