Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What to do... on a Tuesday night


{Shinsaibashi, Osaka}

I'm a firm believer that going out on weeknights can only make your life better (as long as you keep it under control).

I now live for Taco Tuesdays, my latest obsession in Osaka. This little bar tucked in the side streets of Shinsaibashi holds a weekly event called well, Taco Tuesdays. I do realize I'm making a big fuss over a bit of food, but when you've been living in Japan for over a year, Mexican food is something you crave so, so much.

The bar, Wax 69, is owned by two friendly and chatty surfer boys from California. I usually avoid going to any kind of drinking establishment on my own, but this place really makes it comfortable. The bar is tiny, the atmosphere is warm and laid-back, and the taco shells are crispy. I'm forever thankful to Eve for introducing me to this place and the weekly event, and thank goodness for shrimp tacos on a freezing January night. It's usually fairly packed, and it's a great way to meet new, young people.

I love having the option of doing activities on weeknights, which I did not really have back in the countryside.

And, I love walking by the Glico man advert on Dotonbori Bridge on my way back home.

7 comments:

Fegebeh said...

I loved that ad sign too.

Nicole Marie said...

i so agree! it's the little things on weeknights that get you through the workdays! taco tuesdays are the best!

French Lover said...

That sounds like a lot of fun !! I really hope I get to go to Osaka someday :)

thevoyageofv said...

One thing I'm really terrible at is keeping active on week nights, but my commute is partially responsible for that. It's one thing I definitely plan on changing after the big move!
Oh, and thank you so much for your sweet comment yesterday. It made me so happy :-)

{lovely little things} said...

Sounds like a pretty fun Tuesday!

Leah said...

I swear, if we knew about that in Kagawa, we may have made the Tuesday trek to Osaka.

Miyan said...

I miss Mexican food too! It's definetly not something you can get here in Israel. I could create some tacos at home, but its not the same as going out and indulging in great hot sauce, guac, margaritas....

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com