Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Things I like.

My favs of the week.



Lucy, I adore you. She remembered my guilty obsession with Cosmo (hey, I love reading the same sex tips written differently for the past hundred issues... don't judge) and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (they came intact, I already ate most of them), Essie nail polish in the most beautiful, pale shade ever (Jazz), an issue of my beloved Vogue, and the most sincere, heartfelt letter ever. It's so touching to receive kind thoughts when you're abroad. I miss you so much, Lucy.


The bag. Shopping at H&M. Taking random pictures. Hi, mom.


Making s'mores. Marshmallows, MUJI. Graham crackers, courtesy of the import food store in Namba. Chocolate, Meiji. Perfect for a girlie movie night at my place... I'm embarrassed to say which movie we watched (White Chicks. Eve and I got inspired after singing that one song they sang in the car ride at karaoke).



My Sunday brunch. Fresh croissants and pain au chocolat from the French bakery across the street (the best I've had here, comparable to what I found in Montreal and Paris), baked apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon, plain yoghurt, jams, Darjeeling tea. I stopped drinking coffee since I moved to Osaka... I'm not sure why.


Running there at nighttime. The castle is gorgeous when all lit up, and when I run on the path around it I am loving this view, and loving the fact that I live here.



This beautiful, beautiful song...

8 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

What a view of that castle!! Japan must be such a beautiful place!! I love reeses & Cosmo mags too! Those tips are hilarious & the best!

Smores & Croissants...hmmm..yummy!

Melanie's Randomness

Jen said...

Japan is so yummy! That castle shot is beautiful! That would inspire me to run too.

thevoyageofv said...

I love your list, but WHITE CHICKS??? Oh, Vivian, for shame... :-)

Gary Wilkinson said...

never tired smores before, you will have to let me try out your wierd America/Canadian/French foods

Tee, Passports and Postcards said...

Haha White Chicks. I remember that movie was quite funny, but don't tell anyone I watched it...or I'll throw a BF ;)

Miyan said...

cute package content :) love this post!!

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

Des said...

Reese's peanut butter cups are my favorite candy. I used to eat stacks of them when I was a kid. lol.

Samurai Shonan said...

Those marshmallows look like those little cylinders they put in bottles of drugs to keep them from sticking together. Actually I think they are miniaturized depth charges dating back from WWII but they never got to use them.