Monday, January 10, 2011

Ten steps away from Osaka-jo

Where have I been?!

Where to start... so... this past week...

I've officially become a full-time kindergarten teacher.

{I enjoy it so much, it's very hard work, but the kids are so smart and adorable. I also feel like I'm taking a more active part of Japanese culture since I spend all day with them. Exhausting but fulfilling.}


I finally saw Osaka castle up close, I literally live ten steps away from it, and I've been running there almost every day.


{Such a gorgeous January day in Japan, beautiful flowers in bloom in the middle of winter.}


I went back to Nara with Eve.... because I can... because it's close... because I love it... and how can you resist friendly deer and magnificent temples?

{Love this face.}


{Trying to make him bow and nod}




I went to a shrine in Tennoji where they had a festival celebrating the New Year and prosperity for businesses. It was interesting to go to a winter festival, as most of them take place in the summer.

{Today also marked the coming-of-age day, where those who turn 20 (the age of majority) are congratulated. Beautiful young girls and boys dress up in traditional attire.}


I rode the subway all over Osaka. I know the subway lines so well by now!


{I feel at home.}



Osaka has been pretty good...

7 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

Osaka is beautiful! I can't believe that animal just came up to you! Congrats on being a teacher! =)

Melanie's Randomness

Tee, Passports and Postcards said...

So much has happened! It sounds like you've settled into life in Osaka very well. No one can resist those deers- they are too cute!

{lovely little things} said...

Hope you're enjoying kindergarten! That's a workout in itself!!

Lauren London said...

Awwe, deer!! How cute! Congrats on becoming a Kindergarten teacher! Go out and celebrate :)

Gary Wilkinson said...

aww those deer are so cute, they never stay still for me though :/

thevoyageofv said...

I love your life! So happy you're feeling at home in Osaka. The city is lucky to have you!

Jen said...

Congratulations on the new job! Very exciting, and it sounds like you'll really like it.