Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Evening

Every Sunday night is the same routine: I take off my nail polish, wash my work shirts for the week, store away my tights and dresses, prepare a nice bento box for the next day, go for a run, and go to bed early after drinking honey tea. My intentions are always good, but teaching kindergarten is exhausting, and usually by Wednesday night I'm eating take-out foods, staying up late watching movies, running around Umeda station (aka the busiest place in Osaka), having a glass of wine and trying to catch my breath. The fact that I love my job and the adorable kids makes this hectic lifestyle bearable.

Weekends are short but fun-packed, and this one in particular was lovely: getting to put my girlie garments back on and fixing my hair, stocking up on delish foods from the market, a long morning run in the sunshine, visits from dear friends hailing from my former Kagawa home, reminiscing, laughing and too many glasses of wine, a return to comforting presence and habits... but also the ability to say goodbye and detaching myself from that world with which I have secure ties and strong lifelong friendships, while continuing to build my Osaka world: new friends, new places to love and discover, new habits, being brazen, daring and relentless.

On that note, I think that Osaka is the best place to pull off leopard prints.

{Skirt and shoes, Zara. Top, H&M.}

10 comments:

Gary Wilkinson said...

It's always good to have new habits and to be a bit daring. Im glad that Osaka is treating you alright, just make sure the takeout food doesnt take over :P btw nice skirt ;)

Vivian said...

Gary- Thanks!

The leopard is definitely daring for me... among other things.

And don't worry, I'm not eating too much take out... usually my take out is sushi.. YUMMMMM.

xo

Aqui said...

Do you speak Japanese? I'm living in Brazil and learning Portuguese has been hard. I've only recently discovered your blog via bloglovin, but I really enjoy it.

Vanessa said...

I think you can pull off leopard prints anywhere! Your weekends always sound so enviable.

{lovely little things} said...

Oh how I miss bento boxes!

Miyan said...

cute outfit! i find myself unwinding midweek as well, at least you love your job. im in the midst of contemplating mine, which is tough...it's good to be busy though!!

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

magdalena viktoria said...

I love reading your blog! I so badly want to go to Japan, especially Osaka, and reading about your life there is so interesting and cool. Also- great outfit! xx

Melan said...

WOW! the skirt is divine, always yes to leopard print : )
I come and visit your blog every now and then and I love it! I've been considering moving countries when I graduate and it's great to hear a first person perspective : )

London Girl Up North

Samurai Shonan said...

Teaching Kindergarten is rough. The little ones never stop. I teach art in Japan, but it is just plane fun and not like a job. The Leopard does you well, and you have great legs. Keep blogging and leave some comments on mine too.

Kelly said...

you look SO cute!! i love the leopard; you rock it WELL! xx