Thursday, December 30, 2010

My life in Osaka.

{We were never being boring...}

Within a few days, I went from a completely empty apartment and being lost in my area to a fully furnished, cozy apartment and feeling like I'm a part of this madness that is Osaka... yet not fully grasping the fact that I am not here on holiday. Those past few days have been a whirlwind, between doing practical things and enjoying the holidays and my friends. Since I moved to Osaka, I...

... went to Osaka castle, which is literally ten steps away, and is massive and has beautiful running paths all around... located the supermarket, the Starbucks, and all five conbinis that surround my apartment... met Osaka's most stylish girl, who took me to all the little knows spots to get the best coffee/clothes/food/drinks and who hooked me up with some secondhand appliances- I love this girl, I think we'll take Osaka by storm... found myself a student to tutor privately... got lost (and found) at Umeda and Namba stations... stocked up on fresh foods for my new fridge (thank god no more conbini meals)... took advantage of the MUJI sales and got some nice furniture delivered to my door.... explored my neighbourhood and the depths of Namba.... found Taco Tuesdays night at a local watering hole... had friends over for an evening of tea and kotatsu... found the tastiest, cheapest izakaya.... watched my friend win a stuffed llama at an arcade... learned how to dispose of trash in my building.... had a washer and a fridge installed... no meltdowns.... updated my wardrobe and got some fun dresses and accessories... decorated my walls... had a fun movie night/sleepover... got very little rest and sleep...

{My room. Because it really is one room.}

{Hey, I built this shelf all by myself.}

I am loving my life here already. It's all so new and fresh and different. My life in rural Japan will always hold a special place in my heart, and I know things won't always be perfect here, but already I feel at home and ready for a new challenge.

I love Osaka so much!!! Did I mention that already?

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Sounds like a busy week! Happy to hear that you already fell in love with Osaka!
Happy new year to you and all the best, Kristina

Nicole Marie said...

:) i'm so happy for you!!

Michi said...

It looks like you're off to a sweet start!! Thumbs-up! :)

thedarkmartini said...

Glad to hear that you're already having a fabulous time in Osaka! Congrats on that CNNGo selection too. Happy New Year. :)