Thursday, December 16, 2010

Eggnog + Brownies in Japan

{I need this mug... and the turtleneck...}

To celebrate the holiday spirit and to spruce up another (otherwise) boring Tuesday night, my friend Jonathan and I cooked up our own homemade eggnog and brownies. The quantity of dairy that goes into eggnog is pretty disgusting and we were both so scared to try the concoction, but it was absolutely delicious! We fell asleep at the kotatsu table and burned the brownies, but they were still pretty good...

Here are some simple recipes that are easy to make at home.. and in Japan!!

Eggnog

6 eggs
1 can condensed milk
1 liter milk
250 ml heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Nutmeg
Cinnamon

Just whip everything together, try not to be too disgusted by the amount of eggs, and enjoy! You can usually add dark rum, but we chose Bailey's... mmmmmmm.

Brownies

4 squares unsweetened chocolate (I actually used two Meiji chocolate bars)
3/4 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon instant coffee

Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F (180 C). I only baked part of it and ate the rest of the batter over the past few days... Don't judge!! I'm far away from all the good Christmas treats from home...

2 comments:

{lovely little things} said...

Sounds like fun!

Michi said...

I'm totally going to try and make eggnog from scratch this year!! I most definitely have the rum part down :)