Monday, December 20, 2010

Bags and more.

{Worst packing job ever.}

I don't know how I managed to pack my life in four bags, but somehow I did. It's insane how much stuff can one person accumulate over the course of a year. I'm sitting now in my near empty apartment, looking for last-minute things I forgot to pack (because there's always more).

To make matters worse, I found out yesterday I have a bad case of tonsilitis. Oh, and it hurts so much!! I made a stop at the doctor's office yesterday, and well, you gotta love Japanese clinics and their lack of privacy. The nurse took my body temperature right in the middle of the waiting room! I had to stick the thermometer under my arm, in front of some elderly people who were already startled to see a live foreigner. I also love how the doctor's office is pretty much out in the open. I know that it's normal in Japan, but I'm having a hard time getting used to this. Regardless the doctor and nurses were very kind and I left with some dubious looking medication. It hasn't been very effective so far, as my throat seems to be getting worse, but I'm hopeful. Anyone has tips for a very, very swollen throat? I'm a bit worried.

{Does anyone know what the white powder is? I'm supposed to swallow it.}

Back to packing... paying some remaining bills... waiting for my luggage pick up... seeing friends one more time.

9 comments:

{lovely little things} said...

Isn't it funny how the Japanese are modest about somethings (showing cleavage under clothing) but completely the opposite about other things (doctors offices, bath houses, etc.).

Hope you feel better soon!

Anait said...

Congratulations on your impending move...you must be so excited! I could NOT fit my life into four bags....I think I'd need at least three times that!

Hope you feel better! In the meanwhile here are some home remedies, should you dare to try them :)

Lime is one of the most effective remedies in the treatment of tonsillitis. A fresh lime squeezed in a glass of warm water, with four teaspoons of honey and a quarter teaspoon of common salt.

A glass of pure boiled milk, mixed with a pinch uf turmeric powder and pepper powder, should be taken every night for three nights

I usually avoid medicine at all costs, but tonsilitis is pretty serious..take care of yourself!
Good luck!

Tee, Passports and Postcards said...

I hope you feel better soon! I don't think you did too bad with packing and accumulating- I've seen much worse.

LH said...

Congratulations on getting packed and hope you feel better. My grandmother always said to gargle with salt water for a sore throat, maybe that could help!

Vivian said...

Thank you so much for the tips!!! I feel better tonight, so maybe it worked...

French lover said...

Oui, eau salée, c'est assez dégoûtant mais ça fonctionne :) J'espère que tu vas vite te rétablir. I'm so excited for you about Osaka !!!
Merci pour ton adorable commentaire <3 xo

Isabel said...

i'm so happy my/your polka dot bag is going to Osaka with you!

thevoyageofv said...

How did you manage to pack it all in four bags?! Seriously impressive! I hope you'll start feeling better very soon... As for remedies, I always drink vitamin C, and the old standby, tea with lemon. And chicken soup!

Nicole Marie said...

oh no hope you feel better fast!!