Monday, October 4, 2010

In Osaka I saw you last...

In case you haven't noticed, I've been doing all kinds of Osaka loving as of late: from make-your-own takoyaki and arcade video games and dancing all night to drinking at sunrise at the zoo with Isabel and the Mikes, Osaka hold a special place in my heart, and all my favourite memories. Not only does it have the best shopping, the best cuisine, and the best nightlife in all of Japan (okay, okay according to me), it also has a laid-back vide and friendliness and warmth that is not found anywhere else. Did I mention the craaaazy fashion there, too? Even though it looks like a concrete jungle on the surface, once you dig a little deeper, Osaka is just oh so charming. I'm completely smitten.

{The infamous Osaka Loop Line}

{The even have Glico Man Pretz in Osaka}


{I found the Osaka Banana omiyage. Haven't tried it yet}


I spent all of Monday in Osaka, riding the Loop Line to various places, sipping on green tea, getting a bit lost, and daydreaming about my new home. For the first time ever, I was not sad when I took the bus back to Kagawa.

{I feel pretty, pretty happy}

{My best Osaka girl look. Short skirts and a bit flashy. Courtesy of H&M, where else?}


{I feel like the Glico Man right now}

Osaka, get ready for me. I'm definitely ready to enjoy you full-time.

6 comments:

Mr Lonely said...

nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

thevoyageofv said...

Wait, so you're moving to Osaka? I think I missed something. That is amazing! We want details?

David said...

Sounds like you are moving to Osaka? Have you ever been shopping in Minami Horie? My favorite area of Osaka (or even Japan) by far.

Isabel said...

I'm so excited and happy for you :)
xoxoxo

黃愛玲 said...

You have a lovely blog. =o)

http://fromtaipeiwithlove.blogspot.com/

Vivian said...

David- Yes, and I love Minami Horie!