Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fashion Toast

I am a big fan of fashion blogger Rumi Neely, and I've been reading her excellent blog Fashion Toast since the very beginning. I think Rumi is gorgeous, and even though I would not wear a lot of the things she picks for herself, I think her photos are aesthetically pleasing to look at, and she is just so stylish and unique.

I was pleased to see her grace the pages of my favourite Japanese fashion magazine, Vivi. She is featured in the October 2010 issue, and I love being able to pick up this magazine at my corner store. I wanted to share the pictures of Rumi:




I'm getting a little bit better at reading Japanese, and fashion magazines are good practice for me. It was fun to read the little excerpts about her and what she likes.

Also, a few months ago, she came to Tokyo and mentioned a pair of grey knee-high socks she loved from Uniqlo, which I have located:


They are seriously cashmere-soft, and perfect for Fall.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

I loooove Vivi. I found a copy in LA's Little Tokyo a few months ago and was smitten from the start. And gah, Rumi is some kind of wonderful, isn't she?!

Miyan said...

I recently discovered Fashion Toast as well, and I saw she participated in a campaign for Forever 21 with some other bloggers, such as Emily, from cupcakesandcashmere.

I adore both of their style's and that's so cool that she made it to a magazine in Japan! And it's even cooler that you can read some of the article =)